This process might seem difficult and maybe impossible, but there are many small ways to start!
The first way is probably the easiest and most simple: shopping second-hand
- Pay people for their clothing to put in stores
- These stores will probably have more high-end and vintage clothing
- Price: $$-$$$
- Hundreds around Houston
- Will find more variety in clothing
- A lot of clothes to sort through, so it might seem hard to find good pieces
- Hit or miss, but it is a very ethical way to buy clothing
- Many benefits charities
- Price: $
- Apps on the app store are an up and coming way to buy clothing
- Many people sell clothing that they no longer want or fit in
- Depop, Ebay, Etsy, Poshmark, etc.
- Personally one of my favorite ways to shop second hand!
- Price: $-$$$
The second is a more advanced way, but it is an extremely good skill to have: up-cycling
Up-cycling entails changing clothing to fit one's body or style.
- Taking in sides
- Much more!
In other sections of this website, I will go in-depth on how to do each of these skills!